Presented by: Sid Ridgley, CSP
The speaking business is one of the easiest to get into, and one of the hardest to stay profitable at over a long period of time. Talk to a dozen CAPS members and you’ll soon learn there are many “successful” business models. This module covers subjects which are not model dependent and ignoring these subjects can cause you pain.
You’ll get answers to questions such as: How do I manage my business so it doesn’t end up managing me? What systems do I need to develop? How do I become more efficient with the work associated with my business? What are some of the things to consider when working with others? And many more.
Speaking isn’t a job, it is a life for many in the business. There are no shortcuts to success, but there are tasks/activities which contribute to the longevity of your speaking business.
Sid Ridgley, CSP, MBA is an organizational development specialist who provides insights, guidance and practical tips & hints to leaders in their pursuit of creating organizational workplaces that are customer and employee centred. He specializes in the areas of Customer Satisfaction & Loyalty, Sales, Leadership development and front-line driven cultural change processes. He has earned his management and speaking expertise through · Executive management responsibilities in retail and software development fields in both line and human resources assignments. Adjunct professor assignments for York University's Schulich School of Business; Wilfrid Laurier University and the University of Winnipeg· providing clients with customized programs that get results. Co-author of the book “Transformational Leadership” and, "Leadership Gurus Speak Out" and the “303 Solutions Series”·
The Simul Corporation team of professionals works with Clients to develop practical solutions for company environments that are often characterized as chaotic, stressful, underperforming and resistant to change.
Sid served as the 2007 President of the Canadian Association of Professional Speakers (CAPS) and his personal mission is to “help people focus their energy into growing their business and its people, and themselves”.
- Lesson 1 - The Business of Speaking – Systems & Discipline are your friends FREE PREVIEW
- Lesson 2 - Creating Wealth – the Accounting Side of the Business
- Lesson 3 - Creating Wealth - getting beyond this month’s bills and looking after your future
- Lesson 4 - Learn to LOVE Checklists – travelling, prep for assignments and more
- Lesson 5 - Learn to LOVE Templates – Prospecting, contracting, program development and more
- Lesson 6 - Hiring support staff
- Lesson 7 - Working with a family member
- Lesson 8 - Sub-contracting is your friend
- Lesson 9 - Customer touchpoints in your systems & process
- Lesson 10 - The emotional side of the Business of Speaking